Friday, November 12, 2010
I've tried a couple of pumpkin pancake recipes lately. This one is the best so far.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tbs veg. oil
2 Tbs vinegar
1. In a bowl mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. In separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approx. 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides.
Makes about 12 pancakes.
- Batter will be thick; don't thin with extra liquid or will dilute the pumpkin/spice flavor.
- Cook slowly on low-med heat (4) to insure insides fully cooked without overcooking outsides. Pancakes will be dark.
- Batter does not taste good - but pancakes do.
- I didn't have allspice so I used 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice