Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pineapple-Chicken Curry

My sister-in-law is from Thailand. She made this recipe for me when the baby was born. The whole family loved it, which is saying a lot with 7 of us (of course the baby didn't count).

Ingredients:
1 TBS oil
1 TBS Mae Ploy red curry paste* (use more or less depending on heat preference.)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced or chopped
1 can (15 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained (save juice)
1 can (20 oz.) Coconut Milk*
1 1/2 TBS sugar (I use about 1 TBS sugar)
1/2 tsp. chicken bullion granules - or crumble 1/2 of a cube, to taste
Pinch salt

In frying pan combine oil and curry paste over medium heat until warm. Add chicken, when slightly cooked add drained pineapple. Cook until meat is done.

Add coconut milk, pineapple juice (1/4 cup or as desired), sugar. Boil 1-2 minutes.

Serve over hot jasmine rice. (regular white rice is ok too; jasmine is just my favorite)

*Curry paste and coconut milk found in Asian isle at grocery store

This recipe is so fast and so good.

Unfortunately my sister-in-law doesn't use recipes so the original directions included a lot of "to taste". However, her food is awesome! I've done my best to estimate what I add. Play around with it to get the taste your family likes best.

No comments:

Post a Comment