Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dump Cake


We have a new "favorite" dessert. Yummy and soooo easy to make.



1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling

1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple - do not drain

1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix

1 cup butter or marg.


Lightly grease 9x13 pan.

Pour pie filling into bottom of pan. Pour pineapple on top of filling. Pour dry cake mix on top of pineapple. Thinly slice butter or marg. and arrange to cover cake mix. - I didn't use quite the whole cup.


Bake 325 degree oven for 35-45 min. til top is golden and crunchy. (Mine took a bit longer)


Serve warm (best) or cold.


Dump cake turns out more like a cobbler than a cake.


This smells divine while baking. It brought back memories of ward potlucks from my childhood the first time I lived in Sedalia, MO. Someone always brought this delicious cherry "cobbler" that I wished I knew how to make. As I was assembling the ingredients, my brain went, "A-ha! That's it!" And it was. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment