Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crepes... great for breakfast or dinner!

This is a recipe from Food for Tots. Very easy!

2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup flour (sometimes I use half white and half wheat)
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. In a medium bowl beat eggs well with a fork.
2. Add milk and butter to the eggs.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until evenly mixed.
5. Pour onto a hot buttered griddle or crepe pan. Use 1/3 cup for an adult, 1/4 for a child.*
6. Cook over medium heat until first side is lightly browned then turn and cook other side until set.

Yield: 10-12 crepes

*I use an electric griddle and I don't put down butter first, I've never had problems. The book suggests spraying your spatula with a nonstick spray to make turning easier, I've never tried that, but it makes sense! Lastly, it's MUCH easier to use a ladle to pour and spread thin the batter.... you can still do a child and adult size if you want, but my kids devour these, so I don't put forth any effort to make a smaller size.

-We put yogurt in the middle and garnish with whipped cream and fruit, sometimes even a drizzle of good syrup (real maple or fruit... they're worth the money!). I'll also cook up some eggs and bacon to round everything out. This makes a great dish no matter the time of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment